It has been my great privilege to serve the past four years as a City Councillor for the citizens of New Westminster on the traditional unceded territory of the Qayqayt First Nation and Coast Salish people.
I am proud of the work we are doing and excited about our future. I hope you will support me again in my campaign for City Councillor.
During my first term I advocated for flexible housing choices and pushed for bold planning that returns to the City much-needed amenities and child-care spaces. During this time, the City has made great strides in becoming a more walkable, liveable and inclusive City. Our recent Official Community Plan ("OCP") envisions more flexibility in housing choice, future planning for increased growth at our transit hubs, and a Smart City that increases our economic viability. Our Public Art has put us on the map.
Of all the successful projects and important issues this City has tackled, I am most proud of my contribution to:
- Q2Q ferry - connecting the people of New Westminster.
- Queen’s Park Heritage Conservation Area – honouring existing heritage and the character of the neighbourhood.
- Revitalization of Front Street and the Mews – enlivening and drawing attention to New West's unique streets.
- Public Art installations – inviting and promoting public art.
I will continue to work towards:
- A city that meets all its citizens' needs
- Flexible and abundant housing choices
- A vibrant and inclusive arts community
- A world-class city that honours its past and imagines the future
If you would like to share your thoughts and vision of the City, I would love to connect with you!